March 7, 2012

Barn... or Old Mine Shaft?



Our neighbor checked with his boss and came by the other evening to let us know where to go pick up poles!  These are old poles that were yanked and replaced by the utility company.  We’ll be using them for corner posts.


Took some sifting.  But Dwayne made sure to be respectful - choosing poles good enough for taking the entire pole.


Our Vegetable garden is no more.






This is one of the areas we're specking out for Artie.


I’ve had to add Excedrin to my grocery list - for both of us.  We’re almost down to focusing on putting one foot in front of the other.






Much of the old tin came down off the roof yesterday.  While Hubs was taking care of that - I prodded myself through the agony of cleaning out the chicken coop.






At the end of the day - I piled up the sheets of metal while Dwayne blew the dust out of the heater for the coop.


We nuked bowls of Homemade Beef Soup - barely made it through chomping down before heading out to put The Girls to bed about a half-hour earlier than normal - so we could go to bed.


We were exhausted.






I hit areas on both sides of the barn to get soil samples for sending in to have analyzed - while Dwayne was back up on the roof of the barn.


And the gusts of wind were non-stop on an average of about 30mph - enough to keep me wearing earplugs while outside.  Otherwise - I end up with ear infections.


I got up in the loft and helped whenever possible.  But at one point - I’d headed back inside to wait on more laundry ( I’m doing all the bedding and curtains now. ) - when I heard a really strange sound.






By the time I got out to the barn - I saw this.






And this.






It looks really funny - at the moment!


But it won’t for long.  The metal roofing and siding material is being delivered tomorrow.  We’re hoping to get it up before it starts raining - again.


We’ll be hitting the hay pasture to get soil samples while we’re waiting for the delivery.


Time to go find my pillow.  I’m exhausted.  And I hear Hubs turning things off in the living room!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a busy day!

Thanks for your suggestions for packing and taking a trip! I would have never known that some countries have restrictions for those entering.

Sarah from The House That Ag Built

Deb said...

Sounds like you are keeping really busy too...getting that time of the year! LOL Try to get some rest in there too though. :)