March 19, 2013

Would eatin' Dirt Be More Entertaining?


I had my feet walking through Craigslist this morning.  Of course – I love getting lost in the Farm and Garden section!
 
Lately – I’m finding the entertainment is becoming one in which a good-hearted and honest soul can have their emotions completely shredded.  If hands could reach through the screen….
 
Why can’t people just live right?  Is it just too easy?  Is it really just that boring?  Does a fulfilled life for some folks truly require screwing over other people?
 
That last one fits in other places on so many other levels!
 
What makes anyone think that 99.9% of those that go looking for livestock in Craigslist – are gonna jump on something posted in an ad with no photo – no email address – and only a cellphone number?
 
For all I know – it could be half-Dexter and half-Donkey!
 
Go away Bad Dream!
 
And manipulating 2 different ads onto 1 single page – scamming the 30 day rule – but mentioning the month of May in both ads…
 
Really?!!
 
Okay.  Which is it?  Is it a calf born in May?  Or, is it a 4 month old calf being weaned in May?  Or, is it a 4 month old calf that will be ready for butchering in May?
 
Ya’ know what….Nevermind!
 
Most of us with Registered Dexter Cattle – living right – follow common practice of taking Dexter Steers to butcher around the average age of 24 months – no sooner than 16 months.
 
And NOBODY in their right mind is selling Dexter Beef at $1.50 per lb. on the hoof!!!
 
When it comes to dealing with buying anything in Craigslist these days – Wisdom better be wearing the premium smart panties!  But I can promise this….
 
You’ll laugh at all the crooks so persistent that they can’t even see how obvious their stupidity reigns!  Just don’t get caught in there without your smart panties on.  And make sure you have the premium ones!

I have no idea if this is a legitimate person or not.   And they can only thank themselves for making that possible!  But I do know this much.
 
If you're truly serious about selling Cattle in any fashion - for breeding - for raising to put in the freezer - or right from the freezer - over the Internet...
 
You do a strong Disrespectful service to every other person across the country that is raising and selling Cattle - when you place a lame ad that is so vague and unfriendly to a potential client.
 
If you are legitimate in your efforts - you are cutting off your own nose to spite your face.  You are cheating yourself out of - at the very least - 90% wise prospects that would be interested - if you advertised more appropriately.
 
And I happen to know l little bit about advertising.  I'm a former advertising graphic designer for a newspaper - back before the birth of computers.  Much of my finished velox work was requested to be revamped on smaller scale for placing ads in competitive publications.
 
Just one more note before I get off my soapbox for today...
 
I don't say that only on behalf of Members of PDCA and/or ADCA.
 
I say that on behalf of every person that works really hard to raise ALL breeds of cattle for a living.

2 comments:

Queenacres said...

It's not just cattle folks. I think people will try to do anything to make a buck at the expense of whatever. You just have to stay on the right track and do what's right.

I don't know why, but the phrase that Norm in the show Cheers said comes to mind.... "it's a dog-eat-dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear" comes to mind. LOL

Deb said...

Yeah, and it only seems to be getting worse. I'm trying to turn everything over to God and do my best to follow him, even when others try to hurt and cheat me...I'm not perfect at it, but I'm trying, which is more than some people I've come across are...but thats between them and God I guess. Least thats what I try to remember to tell myself, when I get ticked off at them. LOL