August 7, 2011

Learning When It's Time To Walk Away


The one thing I forgot this year…

I swore up and down - last year - I was not going to grow a garden this year.

And I did - anyway.

 



Well… until the Raccoons showed up...

Ten ( 10 ) days before the first ears of Corn would be ready.

We got 11 half-decent ears put into the freezer.

And then…

I walked away.

 



Between the weeds and grass…

The Racoons…

 Unfulfilled promises of help… once again….
 

 


 This is supposed to be a 6" Pickling Cucumber hanging on 4" squared wire.
Actually - it weighs about a pound, already.
When I'm done... I'm done.

I’m done.

I’ve had it with all the aggravation stealing my peace of mind.

I’ve had it with my passion being destroyed by others.

When we get the raised beds built closer to the house...


Then I will plant another seed.

When things are set up properly in ways that leave varmints no choice but to behave respectfully in my presence...


Then I will plant another seed.

Until then...


They can take their bad behavior elsewhere.

I will offer them nothing and no reason to invade my space with their ugly antics.

Wait a minute… 


Are we talking about Raccoons - or… ?

What’s the difference?

 



Either way - The Girls are making out like bandits with their good and respectful behavior!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I thought it strange when you planted it in the spring, knowing you said you weren't going to this year. LOL It's good to take time off, if you don't need the produce. The land needs a rest now and then too, just like people do. :) Sorry you lost your hard work to the animals though. :( I think we were silly to plant this year, with DH's surgery...but it is nice to have a few goodies here and there, even if I don't get much canning done.